It’s finally done! I have been working for months on The Underground Guide to International Volunteering and I’m excited to finally announce its release. The 63-page ebook is aimed at introducing travellers to the wonders of volunteering abroad and to help them break away from the usual backpacker trail, get involved with local communities around the world and make a difference in people’s lives in a variety of ways.
When I first started travelling I thought international volunteering was only possible for people who either had specific skills that were in demand or for people willing to pay thousands of dollars to a company to find them a placement. Since hitting the road I have seen how easy it actually is to volunteer and there are plenty of places that would love an extra set of hands… you just need to find them.
I want to share with you what I know about international volunteering in the hopes that you gain the confidence and knowledge you need to search out your own amazing experiences that go beyond beaches and the backpacker trail.
The ebook includes:
- Help deciding whether international volunteering is a good fit for you.
- Advice on how to choose a volunteering experience that is right for you.
- Information on different types of volunteering from conservation to development to disaster relief.
- Practical information on visas, travel insurance, packing, health and hygiene, living conditions and communication.
- Nine interviews with international volunteers sharing their experiences, giving advice and offering inspiration.
- Tips for how to find free and cheap volunteering placements including website reviews that will help with your search.
- A list of volunteering opportunities worldwide that are free or low-cost with organizations I trust.
- Fee-based volunteering: Why I would never do it but why it is right for some people.
- A list of fee-based volunteering companies along with information on whether they donate part of their fee to the actual project.
- Free updates forever as I discover new free and cheap volunteering opportunities and make other updates.
- Insight and first-hand stories and advice from an experienced international volunteer – that’s me!
That’s a lot of stuff crammed in there and, for only $14, The Underground Guide to International Volunteering is a bargain. I am confident that, after reading this ebook, you will be armed with the information and confidence you need to turn a typical backpacking trip into the experience of a lifetime through volunteering.
Ask yourself these questions:
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of those questions then my ebook The Underground Guide to International Volunteering was made for you.
As if you needed any more reasons to buy this ebook, I will be donating 50% of the $14 price to my favourite volunteering organization, Hands On Disaster Response. That’s $7 of every ebook sale that heads directly to them to help with disaster relief efforts all around the world. I know first-hand how great the work they do is and I want to give back to them since I have gotten so much out of my experiences working with them in Bangladesh, Haiti and Indonesia.
- South America Living
- Volunteering Vagabond
- 20 Something Travel
- Never Ending Voyage
- Trail of Ants
- Go Backpacking
- In Searck of Sanuk
- Brooke Versus the World
- Do It While You’re Young
- Traveling Savage
- Jetset Citizen
- Fox Nomad
- Our Hiking Blog
I would love to know what you think of the ebook so please post a comment below once you’ve read it. Enjoy!