Before you read on… this isn’t really a post about my journey to earning $9,000+ online. It’s a post about how I’m going to start writing posts about that journey. But this one isn’t it
I’m going to write some posts about me slowly creeping towards earning $9,000 through my websites. It’s not full of any secrets (because I don’t have the answers to those secrets!) but it’s, instead, a look at these sorts of things…
- what I was doing when I was earning X amount
- what sorts of things I was working on at the time
- new websites I created, ideas I had but ditched
- where I was living and what I was doing
- whether I was working or travelling
- what sorts of new things I was trying out at the time
- mistakes I feel like I made or any moments of sheer genius
- surprises that saw an increase/decrease in my earnings
- any tools I was using or websites I found helpful
- feelings about working on the road (good places, not so good places)
- …or anything else you want to know! Just leave a comment before the end of the week with any questions you want answering.
Because I’ve been at this since December 2006 (actually before that, but that’s when I started keeping track of things), I’ve decided to divide this little idea of mine into several posts spanning several months, mostly divided by year. This first post will look at December to December 2007, the next one will look at 2008, then 2009, 2010, and lastly January 2011 to now.
I sometimes find myself forgetting the path I’ve taken to get to this point and I think it’ll be interesting for me to recount my journey and hopefully for you to read. There are plenty of ‘make zillions of dollars overnight on the internet’ type websites and scams out there and I think it’ll make a nice reminder that it’s possible to earn online (and I believe that’s true, even if you’re just starting out now) but it will probably be a long road involving a lot of hard work (and lucky breaks) along the way.
Because my memory is basically mush, I’m trolling through my old posts to see what was happening in my life back in the day. I’ll whack in a few travel photos for good measure and actually make some decent blog posts for a change! Ya, I know I’m pretty lazy with posting anything besides earnings updates, so hopefully this little collection of posts will get things back on track.
So… I’ll write the first post this week, all about December 2006 to December 2007. I’d love to know if there are any other things not on my list above that you’d like me to address? Anything you’re specifically curious about? Give me some ideas or questions and I’ll do my best to include them in the first post.