September has topped August by just over $100 as my best month to date. My earnings came in at $1385.28 but not because of anything new I’ve tried. I think I’ve sort of neglected things a bit this month, actually.
Here’s my earnings breakdown:
- Google AdsenseÂ - $288.90 - This was my best month ever and for awhile there I thought I was going to make it to the $10 a day mark. I’m working on a site at the moment and once that’s done I expect to be earning well over $300 a month.
- Affiliate Sales – $667.32 - This was lower than I was hoping for but I’m still counting on one main affiliate program and until I can find others then I think I’ll be floating around this amount. What have I done about finding more programs? Not a thing! I’ve got to fix that.
- Linkworth & Text Link Ads – $77.06 - Linkworth only accounted for $8.40 but it’s nice to see them come back from the dead, even if it’s only one link. TLA have been steady but still no word about getting Stuck in London accepted into the program. I think it’s because it’s only a PR2.
- Private Link Sales – $332Â - I hadÂ 5 out ofÂ 6 links renew for a total of $92. Getting renewals is pretty easy. My PR has since fallen from 5 to 4 but I’ve only ever had one person ask for a reduced price because of it. Getting a renewal is as easy as sending a friendly reminder email. A bit of work and I have to keep track of them but all up it’s no big deal. I was approached out of the blue from a company wanting to buy two links for $90/year on Travoholic.com’s main page. I got them up to $120/year per link so that was an easy $240 out of the blue.
- Writing – $20 - I was lazy this month and only wrote one article for my pals over at Brave New Traveler. The extra money is nice but it’s not how I expect to make my living online by any means. I’m all about residual income and making money in my sleep so writing will be something I do on the side because I enjoy it.
So all up, not only am I pleased with this month but I’m pretty amazed too. I’ve been working hard, but almost exclusively on a site that still isn’t finished. So it feels like all of my efforts are getting sucked into some black hole and until this site is launched I won’t get rewarded. So I definitely wasn’t expecting to have my best month!
A big part of this month’s success was those links I sold for $240. If they hadn’t come along it would have been just an average earnings report. It seems like I always have at least one or two nice surprises like this each month. Things just seem to pop out of nowhere right into my lap. I’ve got another sale supposedly lined up for $180 next month so if that goes through then I’ll be off to a good start.
My goals for October are to maintain this level of earnings and to get this friggin’ new site up because I’m sick of looking at it.Â I’ll be up in Scotland for 10 days for a wedding and some family time and I’m really curious to see if I’ll be able to sneak in any work… or if I’ll want to. It’s the first road trip for the new (used) laptop too so hopefully it doesn’t explode or anything.